Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sweet & Salty Maple Baby Carrots

This recipe is from the cookbook Appetite for Reduction by Isa Chandra Moskowitz.

Recipe: see page 105 of Appetite for Reduction.
This is a recipe for roasted carrots. It's the fourth time I've tried this and I think I finally got
it right, because I pulled the carrots out of the fridge and let them warm up to room temperature before starting on the recipe. On the unsuccessful attempts, I would take them straight from the fridge into the oven, and I'm guessing it would take awhile for them to heat up. So the carrots never really roasted. They just ended up becoming kind of soft. I think I've learned a lesson here about cooking with things while they are still cold from the fridge.  Anyway, really good recipe. The carrots become chewy and sweet. This is an easy side dish.

Ingredients: baby carrots, maple syrup, kosher salt.