Friday, July 29, 2011

Carrot-Ginger Dressing

This recipe is from the vegan cookbook Appetite for Reduction by Isa Chandra Moskowitz.

Recipe: see page 52 of Appetite for Reduction.
In addition to all the zucchini in my garden that I told you about yesterday, I've also got a lot of
green beans. Usually, I braise them or make a stir fry, but I'm getting kind of tired of that, so I went searching through my vegan cookbooks to find something to liven them up. This was the first time I made this dressing. I didn't like it at first. It seemed like the red wine vinegar was overpowering the other tastes, but after a few hours in the fridge, the flavors seemed to meld much better. It was great on the green beans and brown rice.

Ingredients include carrots, fresh ginger, white onion, garlic, lime juice, red wine vinegar, sesame oil, agave nectar and salt.