Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

This recipe is from the cookbook Veganomicon by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero.

Recipe: see page 239 of Veganomicon.
I rarely make cookies. The last time was at least 5 years ago, but this recipe looked interesting
because it had a lot of oatmeal and raisins, which I love.

The taste on these was alright, but a little mild. Considering this was from Veganomicon, and there are only 9 cookies in the book, I was kind of expecting this to be the ultimate chewy oatmeal raisin cookie recipe, but it wasn't. The cookies didn't spread out while in the oven and ended up like little biscuits. And I didn't think they were particularly chewy. I won't make them again.

Ingredients: rolled oats, Thompson raisins, all-purpose flour, light brown sugar, brown rice syrup, canola oil, soy milk, vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, salt.