Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ceci-Roasted Red Pepper Soup

This recipe is from the vegan cookbook Appetite for Reduction by Isa Chandra Moskowitz.

Recipe: see page 200 of Appetite for Reduction.
This is the first time I've ever roasted a pepper and it turned out great. This is a delicious recipe that kind of reminds me of a tangy tomato soup, with some
added sweetness coming from the roasted peppers. Part of the soup is pureed at the end of cooking and I choose to do a little bit less than half because I likely chunky soups. Other people's photos of this may show it a little creamier. The only thing I didn't care for was having to pick out the little twigs of dried rosemary from the otherwise smooth soup. In the future I will probably grind those before I put them in the soup.

Ingredients: red bell peppers, canned chickpeas, tomatoes, vegetable broth (Trader Joe's Low Sodium Vegetable Broth used here), onion, garlic, dried rosemary, ground coriander, black pepper, salt.