Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Horseradish-Dill Hummus

This recipe is from the vegan cookbook Appetite for Reduction by Isa Chandra Moskowitz.

Recipe: see page 138 of Appetite for Reduction.
Everything I know about about horseradish I learned from The Three Stooges and old Warner Bros cartoons.
Namely, it is a vile substance that people only eat by accident. Eating it will send you into comic conniptions.

Also, all I know about France I learned from Pepe LePew cartoons, but I'll save that for another post.

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised by the taste of this hummus. There is nothing nasty about horseradish. Well, other than the name. Who wants to eat something with 'horse' in its name? The taste of horseradish kind of reminds me of prepared mustard, but a little sweet and tangy, and with a little zing at the end. I've been making this recipe from Appetite for Reduction for a few months now and it is my second all-time favorite hummus, right behind the Shabby Sheik Hummus which is on the same page in this book.

Ingredients: chickpeas, prepared horseradish, fresh dill, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, paprika, salt.