Sunday, March 4, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Pillows



This recipe is from the cookbook Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero.
 
Recipe: see page 147 of Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar.
Well, it was my birthday the other day, and my mom made cookies for me. I've had my eyes on these
since she bought her own copy of Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar 6 months ago. The picture in the book has haunted me (btw, lots of photos in this book). I love peanut butter, and they look so soft and pillowy. They look like little chocolate raviolis stuffed with peanut butter. And as you know, peanut butter makes everything taste better.  So, I called this one awhile back. This was the only thing I wanted for my birthday.

This is the best cookie in the world. That's not hyperbole and I'm not kidding.

It is sweet and chocolaty and peanut buttery and chewy. And VEGAN! Don't ever complain, 'Ehhhh, I can't find vegan cookies at the grocery store'. Who cares when you can buy a couple ingredients and make your own and have them taste as amazing as these?

Best cookie in the world! Call off the search.


Ingredients: salted peanut butter, all purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, maple syrup, sugar, powdered sugar, non-dairy milk, vanilla extract, canola oil, baking soda, salt.