Sunday, August 12, 2012

Coriander Mushrooms with Cherry Tomatoes

 This recipe is from the vegan cookbook Appetite for Reduction by Isa Chandra Moskowitz.

 
Recipe: see page 102 of Appetite for Reduction.
I was excited to get to use some of the cherry tomatoes from my garden. There is a variety called Sweet Baby Girl that it bought from the local arboretum, and they have been amazing. The taste has been fantastic and the plants are prolific.

The tomatoes were starting to pile up on the kitchen counter, and then I remembered I had bookmarked this recipe in Appetite for Reduction during winter. Unfortunately, it doesn't use very many, so I still have a lot left.

I really liked the tomatoes and jalapenos (sweet and spicy), but the mushrooms and coriander (rubbery and kind of bitter) didn't do much for me.

BTW, the ingredients lists lime juice, but the instructions don't say when to add it. I assumed it was at the end.

Ingredients: cremini mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, coriander seeds, jalapenos, oregano, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, lime juice, cilantro (optional).